Saturday, November 28, 2009

Aloha!!!


For Thanksgiving this year we went Kauai, Hawaii for a week with my family! It was such a fun, relaxing week hanging out on the beach, going on a helicopter ride, and going to a luau! Kauai is a beautiful, remote island and we had so much fun! It was hard coming home this morning and I think after you see the pictures you'll know why!


My dad arranged a helicopter tour of the island on our first day there! It was amazing, and Ethan especially thought it was so cool!



My family at dinner at a local restaurant!


My mom and dad!

PJ and Jack!


Jack wearing his lei!


In his Thanksgiving pajamas!


Our family at the luau!


My boys with their uncle Jacabo!




Ethan swimming in the pool!


Feeding bread to the chickens at our hotel. Everyday we would walk out onto our deck and see chickens, roosters, cats and a swan wandering around our hotel!


Ethan loved the beach! We spent a lot of time out playing in the waves and building sand castles!


Taking pictures of our family together around the hotel!




We found this amazing lighthouse on the north part of the island!





This was looking over a beautiful valley containing poi fields that we drove through! This island was incredibly beautiful. We spent a few hours on Friday just driving around and stopping and all of these amazing places! I'm so grateful to my parents for taking us here! We loved spending time with family in such an amazing place! It was a huge reminder of all that we have to be thankful for!

2 comments:

Josh & Teddie said...

AHHHH! So jealous! I love Hawaii. Thats awesome that you got to go with your whole family too. Jack and Ethan are soooo cute! I can't believe how much they look alike!

Niki McDowell said...

Oh my goodness!!! Your family is so cute! I just want to squeeze Jack, I can't wait to meet the little guy this month! I'm so jealous you got to go to Hawaii, it looks like it was so much fun! Can't wait to see you too (not just your little guys).