Friday, April 30, 2010

Please pray for baby Penn!

I don't even know where to start, so I guess I'll just lay it out there. I have been incredibly blessed to give birth to two healthy, full term baby boys, and I think, when this is your only experience, you take for granted how fortunate you are. My cousin Kortney, was not as lucky. She and her husband were expecting their first boy this August, but unfortunately, for reasons unknown, Kortney went into labor on Tuesday night. Doctors were unable to stop her labor, and at only 25 weeks along in the pregnancy, baby Penn was born. He weighed a little over a pound and had be life-flighted to Mckay Dee (he was born in Brigham City). Yesterday, it was discovered he had a massive brain hemorrhage, and could likely have brain damage. My heart has been just breaking for Kortney and her family. I keep wishing I could do something, because this feels like such a helpless situation. So I am putting this out there as something I can do and asking everyone to please pray for Penn and his family! I know any prayers, good thoughts or feelings can make the world of difference!

2 comments:

Erica said...

We'll keep Penn and his family in our prayers!

Clyda and John said...

I am so sorry to hear that. And as cliche as this sounds, we will keep his family in our thoughts and prayers.