Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Ethan's 1st Birthday!




Two days ago, on Monday February 25th, was my little Ethan's first birthday! I cannot believe he's already a year old! This past week I have been very nostalgic thinking about a year ago, when I first held him in my arms. He was so tiny and helpless, it's hard to believe he's the same little boy who's running everywhere and trying to get into everything! We had a party for him on Saturday, and a lot of family and friends came. It meant a lot to both PJ and I that so many people were there to celebrate with us! Sarah, Gary and Aiden came up from Texas, and PJ's family drove down from Logan. We ordered pizza, watched Ethan open presents, and ate cake! The funnest part was watching Ethan eat his cake. I don't think he knew what to do when I wasn't stopping him from making a mess. He went really slowly at first, just putting his hand in the frosting, but when everybody cheered, he started to get into it! He, of course, was spoiled beyond belief! I'm still trying to figure out a place for all of his stuff! I'm not complaining though, I won't have to buy another thing for him until Christmas!
On Monday, his actual birthday, PJ had to work, but I was lucky enough to get to spend the day with him! I got all of my homework done early, so I wouldn't have to think about it, and we played a lot! We decorated the house, which Ethan loves. He will point to the balloons and say "Wow!" We also got him another cake, and my family came over that night to eat dinner, cake, and watch Ethan open a few more presents. It was a nice, relaxing day! Now, I'm back to real life and trying to squeeze in time for everything, but it's okay. I've still got wonderful people who help me everyday, and the best little family I could ask for!

2 comments:

Niki McDowell said...

Happy Birthday Ethan! I can't believe a year has flown by so quickly. I wish we could have been at the birthday party. Sound like it was a lot of fun. Especially for Ethan.

Clyda and John said...

Happy Birthday Ethan! Glad you sent me an e-mail recently. Still need to get back to you and yes totally come visit when you are here! If you need a place to stay, our doors are always open.