Saturday, January 10, 2009

Panama Canal Cruise: Jamaica




From Dec. 23 until Jan. 4th we, along with PJ's family, went on a cruise through the Panama Canal! The whole thing was so much fun, and since we were gone for so long, I have a lot to catch up. I am going to write this trip in a few installments, because I just don't have time to sit and write all about it at once. We got on the boat in Ft. Lauderdale on Dec. 24th. Christmas was a day at sea, which meant a lot of time sitting by the pool. We also took Ethan to see Santa, and do various Christmas activities, and that night we had a formal dinner, where everyone dressed up. Sea days were fun and relaxing, but my favorite days were port days! Our first stop was my favorite port, and that was Jamaica! We went there on the 26th, and though we only had like eight hours there, we did a lot. We had heard Jamaica was not the safest place, and PJ's grandma was staying on the boat, so she graciously watched Ethan for us. We went with PJ's aunt, uncle, and cousins to Dolphin Cove first, where we actually got to swim with dolphins! It was one of the coolest experiences I've ever had! Our dolphins name was Skye, and we got to pet him, and he pulled us through the water. We wished that we could have spent more time there, but it was still pretty amazing! After that, we headed to Dunn Falls! There we actually hiked up the water fall! It was so much fun! There would be little pools that we could wade in, and then we would continue up the rapids. it was suprisingly not slippery, and it was so cool to hike up an actual waterfall. Unfortunately, we had to put all of our stuff that we didn't want to get wet in a locker before we hiked, so I couldn't take any pictures of that. It was still an amazing day! Jamaica is a place we would definitely like to go back to (people trying to sell PJ pot aside)!

3 comments:

Niki McDowell said...

Sounds amazing, I'm jealous. We're probably going to go on a cruise in August, but probably not as nice as yours. Oh, and I got your giftcard, thanks so much. I'm so excited to use it!

Josh & Teddie said...

I can't wait to see the rest of the pictures! I went on a cruise that stopped in jamaica too and it was soooo much fun! I bet Ethan loved it!

Cody and Val said...

Looks like so much fun Kate! I would love to go on a cruise someday (and swim with dolphins, how fun)!