Saturday, May 2, 2009

Graduation 2009!!!






Yesterday, after a long two years of studying and writing what felt like a million papers, I officially graduated with a Masters of Science in American Studies! I wasn't even sure I was going to walk for graduation, but my dad wanted me to, so I did, and I am really glad I chose to! My family, PJ's parents and sister (and her boyfriend), and Zach Bosch all came and watched, which was very nice of all of them! It was nice to have a little cheering section for me when I walked up to be hooded and receive my diploma! When I first arrived at the field house to get in line with the other graduates, I saw Dr. Jeannie Thomas, who headed my thesis chair, and she walked up and gave me a hug and said congratulations! She has helped me so much throughout my graduate career and she is my hero, so it was cool to have her congratulate me! They had all the graduates walk through campus down to the Spectrum, which was kind of cool, but I wore the wrong shoes for it (I had a big old blister on my foot after it was finished). As we walked into the spectrum, all the teachers there with PHDs stood on either side of the hall and clapped for us; it was pretty cool, they really went out of there way to make sure it felt like a big day for us! The ceremony was long, and I was pretty sure I was going to pass out because my pregnancy and sitting so close to everybody was making me so hot, but it was fine. I got to sit by some friends of mine from grad school, so it made the less interesting parts of the ceremony go by quickly! After the ceremony, I went and posed for pictures with my family. Ethan ran and gave me the biggest hug, and kept on saying, "Good job Momma!" He was pretty excited about my hat, and wanted to wear it for a bit! My family took me out to eat at Maddox to celebrate, which was very kind of them! I really appreciated everyone who has supported me throughout everything, and to my family especially for driving all the way up to Logan to watch me graduate! It was a long, but fun day, and I cannot really believe that I now have a Masters Degree. Thanks again to everyone who has supported me, so that I could get this done!

9 comments:

Erica said...

congratulations!! how exciting!

Niki McDowell said...

Congrats Kate! You look so beautiful in your cap and gown. I'm so happy for you!

Carrie and Shane said...

That is such an accomplishment. Way to go Kate! And you did it all with a toddler and one in the oven. That's so amazing.

kevinmark20 said...

Congrats!

RSP said...

That is so awesome! You amaze me. Congrats!

The Flitton's said...

Congrats! You look so great.

Cody and Val said...

Way to go Kate!

Nathan and Lara said...

Yay! Congatulations! That is so impressive...I am still interested in reading your thesis!

Matt Steed said...

Congrats Kate. That is such an awesome accomplishment!