Friday, November 21, 2008

PJ's 25th Birthday!!!!






My PJ finally turned 25 last Saturday! It's a big birthday and I wanted to do something special for it, so I planned a surprise trip to Park City, with a surprise party! It took a ton of planning to get everything figured out, so PJ wouldn't find out. Luckily, I had a lot of help from my sister and his friends. Friday night, we went and saw the new James Bond. PJ really wanted to see that, snd knew about that part. What he didn't know was that we were going up to Park City together right after the movie, and we were leaving Ethan with my parents for the night (for anyone who really knows me, you know how hard that was for me, I've neer spent a night away from him before)! PJ was shocked because he did not think I'd ever leave him! On the way up though, we hit a little snag, actually it was a coyote! We were driving in the canyon, on the lane right next to the median, and a coyote jumped over the median and pretty much right into our car! Luckily we were safe. The coyote died, and we called the cops to come record the damage on our car for our insurance (it ended up being around $2,000)!
After that adventure, we finally got up to Park City and I did okay with Ethan not being there. My mom saud he asked, "Moomy back?" and when she said I was coming back, he was fine sleeping there. I felt much better knowing he handled it so well! The next day we hung out until Sarahm Gary, and Aiden brought Ethan up. Then we all went to dinner at Ruby Tuesdays! Whike we were there, PJ friends came to the condo and help set up everything for the party I had hidden in the guest room! We came back and everyone suprised PJ! It was fun, and I know PJ was not expecting it! Joel brought up Rock Band and Scene It, so we spent a lot of the night playing those. It was really fun and I was so grateful to everyone for driving up there, helping set things up, and bringing stuff of their own!
We left Park City the next day in time to drive to PJ's other birthday party that was thrown by my parents (though he knew about that one), so PJ got to have a birthday weekend extravaganza! It really was a fun weekend for me as well, but I'm also glad it's over so I don't have to plan it anymore! PJ is a great husband and dad, who is incredibly unselfish, and makes life more fun, so I'm glad he had a nice birthday! We love him very much and feel very lucky that he is in our lives!

3 comments:

Cody and Val said...

Ya, we need to re-plan something. Well, not like we actually had something planned last time (just kinda). This Monday doesn't work for me, but the next should. Let me know.
I love your new picture at the top of your blog!

RSP said...

First of all, your husband is younger than mine! Wow. Happy Birthday! You are such a fun wife. And I LOVE the new family picture in your header. So sweet.

Poelmans said...

sounds like fun! I didn't know he was our age! Nice. When are you coming out to stay/visit? ;)