Monday, July 13, 2009

July so far!

At the zoo!

The treasure hunt!
Playing with sparklers!
Watching fireworks!


It's hard to believe that July is almost half way over! Two weeks from today I will be induced (if Jack hasn't come sooner), so in the mean time I have been trying to fill our days with lots of fun activities for Ethan! Most of them involve water, since it has been incredibly hot here (at least it feels that way to me). We have been to Cherry Hill at least once a week, as well as the pool at Oakridge. My parents got Ethan as awesome blow up pool for his birthday, so we set that up and Aiden pulled out his slip and slide for a neighborhood water day! We also went to the zoo, the Three Little Monkeys, the Treehouse Museum, and we took Ethan to see Ice Age 3 on Saturday (it's not very good, if you were wondering). For the fourth of July we played at my parents. There was, of course a bbq, and my parents set up their fire pit, so we could roast marshmallows and make smores. My mom also got some new toys to keep at their house, like a rocket launcher that blows bubbles. And because she loves any excuse to spoil her grandchildren, she set up a treasure hunt for them to do that day. At the end there was toys for Aiden, Ethan, Collin, and Ian, and some candy! They are lucky kids! We watched fire works that night from my parents front porch (you can see Oakridge Country Club's really well from there) and then lit off our own! Ethan loved the fireworks and it still talking about them!
Last Tuesday, my doctor informed me that I should be prepared to go into labor at any time, so we are now just taking everything one day at a time. My mom and brother are out of town until Thursday, so my mom has informed me that I can't have Jack until then. I am doing my best not to, but what can you do? My dad is going out of town next week and so he doesn't want to have him then, but I keep telling them that they should quit planning trips when I'm nine months pregnant! Anyways, I know it's going to get crazy busy once Jack comes (though I promise to post a few pictures of him), so I thought I'd catch up on this blog while I still have a second to breath!

2 comments:

Nate and Di said...

Chase wore the exact same outfit as Ethan on the 4th! We have really cute kids:)

Good luck with Jack!!!

Josh & Teddie said...

Good luck, can't wait to see pictures of Jack!